Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays pick up pitcher in minor league Rule 5 draft
- Land O’ Lakes cross country stars Travis Nichols, Tyler Stahl commit to North Florida
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
Rays @ Nats: Hellickson, Longo updates and a lineup
Posted Jun 19, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Jun 19, 2012 at 06:31 PM
WASHINGTON Lots of news today.
Jeremy Hellickson is headed to the disabled list with fatigue in his right shoulder. He will miss at least two starts, beginning with Wednesday’s start against the Nationals here at Nationals Park.
Chris Archer has been called up from Triple A Durham and will replace Hellickson in the rotation.
Evan Longoria provided an update on his injured left hamstring, saying it needs more time to heal. He’s not sure of a date for his return. Rays manager Joe Maddon said the team will have a better idea on how much more time Longoria needs in “two or three days.”
Meanwhile, the Rays have a game tonight against the AL East-leading Nats, and here are the lineups: