Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Rays @ Nats: Hellickson, Longo updates and a lineup
Posted Jun 19, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Jun 19, 2012 at 06:31 PM
WASHINGTON Lots of news today.
Jeremy Hellickson is headed to the disabled list with fatigue in his right shoulder. He will miss at least two starts, beginning with Wednesday’s start against the Nationals here at Nationals Park.
Chris Archer has been called up from Triple A Durham and will replace Hellickson in the rotation.
Evan Longoria provided an update on his injured left hamstring, saying it needs more time to heal. He’s not sure of a date for his return. Rays manager Joe Maddon said the team will have a better idea on how much more time Longoria needs in “two or three days.”
Meanwhile, the Rays have a game tonight against the AL East-leading Nats, and here are the lineups: