Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Panini goes on a basketball Crusade
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
Rays @ Nats: Hellickson, Longo updates and a lineup
Posted Jun 19, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Jun 19, 2012 at 06:31 PM
WASHINGTON Lots of news today.
Jeremy Hellickson is headed to the disabled list with fatigue in his right shoulder. He will miss at least two starts, beginning with Wednesday’s start against the Nationals here at Nationals Park.
Chris Archer has been called up from Triple A Durham and will replace Hellickson in the rotation.
Evan Longoria provided an update on his injured left hamstring, saying it needs more time to heal. He’s not sure of a date for his return. Rays manager Joe Maddon said the team will have a better idea on how much more time Longoria needs in “two or three days.”
Meanwhile, the Rays have a game tonight against the AL East-leading Nats, and here are the lineups: