Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Rays minor leaguer Cody Rogers suspended for NOT taking drug test
Posted Dec 17, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Dec 17, 2012 at 06:12 PM
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that Rays minor league outfielder Cody Rogers has received a 50-game suspension without pay for refusing to take an off-season drug test, a violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.
The suspension of Rogers, who is currently on the roster of the Triple-A Durham Bulls of the International League, will be effective at the start of next season.