Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Posted Jul 6, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Jul 6, 2012 at 05:02 PM
CLEVELAND The Luke Scott to first base to clear his head experiment lasted one game. The slumping DH is back to DHing for tonight’s game against the Indians.
Hideki Matsui, who pinch-hit last night, said he can pinch-hit again tonight and expects his left hamstring to bed 100 percent after the break.
Alex Cobb, 1-4 in his last five starts, takes the hill tonight against Cleveland righty Justin Masterson, who has lost his last six decisions against the Rays.
The players in the Rays lineup are hitting a combined .348 against Masterson.
Here is the Rays lineup:
Cobb (3-5, 4.94)