Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Posted Jul 6, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Jul 6, 2012 at 05:02 PM
CLEVELAND The Luke Scott to first base to clear his head experiment lasted one game. The slumping DH is back to DHing for tonight’s game against the Indians.
Hideki Matsui, who pinch-hit last night, said he can pinch-hit again tonight and expects his left hamstring to bed 100 percent after the break.
Alex Cobb, 1-4 in his last five starts, takes the hill tonight against Cleveland righty Justin Masterson, who has lost his last six decisions against the Rays.
The players in the Rays lineup are hitting a combined .348 against Masterson.
Here is the Rays lineup:
Cobb (3-5, 4.94)