Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
Posted Jul 6, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Jul 6, 2012 at 05:02 PM
CLEVELAND The Luke Scott to first base to clear his head experiment lasted one game. The slumping DH is back to DHing for tonight’s game against the Indians.
Hideki Matsui, who pinch-hit last night, said he can pinch-hit again tonight and expects his left hamstring to bed 100 percent after the break.
Alex Cobb, 1-4 in his last five starts, takes the hill tonight against Cleveland righty Justin Masterson, who has lost his last six decisions against the Rays.
The players in the Rays lineup are hitting a combined .348 against Masterson.
Here is the Rays lineup:
Cobb (3-5, 4.94)