Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Rays @ Jays: S-Rod still sore, Jennings still active
Posted May 14, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated May 14, 2012 at 04:52 PM
TORONTO Desmond Jennings is still on the lineup card, listed as a reserve for tonight’s game with the Blue Jays at the Rogers Centre. We’ll learn more about is status when we meet with Joe Maddon at about 5:15.
Sean Rodriguez said the left side of his chest is “more sore” today than Sunday, but said he will play through the injury.
“It’s about pain tolerance,” he said.
Rodriguez said he strained his intercostal muscle diving for a ball during Saturday night’s game in Baltimore. He insists he wasn’t hurt Friday night when he crashed into Orioles catcher Matt Wieters.
Catcher Chris Gimenez makes his third straight start.
Here is the Rays lineup: