Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
Rays @ Jays: S-Rod still sore, Jennings still active
Posted May 14, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated May 14, 2012 at 04:52 PM
TORONTO Desmond Jennings is still on the lineup card, listed as a reserve for tonight’s game with the Blue Jays at the Rogers Centre. We’ll learn more about is status when we meet with Joe Maddon at about 5:15.
Sean Rodriguez said the left side of his chest is “more sore” today than Sunday, but said he will play through the injury.
“It’s about pain tolerance,” he said.
Rodriguez said he strained his intercostal muscle diving for a ball during Saturday night’s game in Baltimore. He insists he wasn’t hurt Friday night when he crashed into Orioles catcher Matt Wieters.
Catcher Chris Gimenez makes his third straight start.
Here is the Rays lineup: