Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Panini goes on a basketball Crusade
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
Rays get Triple A LHP Beliveau in trade with Rangers
Posted Apr 16, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Apr 16, 2013 at 03:22 PM
The Tampa Bay Rays have acquired left-handed pitcher Jeff Beliveau (bell-eh-VOH) from the Texas Rangers in exchange for cash considerations. Beliveau has been added to the Rays 40-man roster and optioned to Triple-A Durham. To make room on the 40-man roster, the Rays have transferred Jeff Niemann (shoulder) to the 60-day disabled list.
Beliveau, 26, started the year with Triple-A Round Rock and had only made one appearance there (2-IP, 0-ER). In 2012, the reliever saw his first major league action during a 22-game stint with the Cubs, going 1-0 with a 4.58 ERA (17.2-IP, 9-ER) in 22 appearances from July 22 through the end of the season. Over six minor league seasons, he has compiled a 21-14 record with a 2.84 ERA and averaged 11.6 SO/9 IP. He had spent his entire professional career with the Cubs before being claimed on waivers by Texas on December 21, 2012.