Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
Rays get Triple A LHP Beliveau in trade with Rangers
Posted Apr 16, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Apr 16, 2013 at 03:22 PM
The Tampa Bay Rays have acquired left-handed pitcher Jeff Beliveau (bell-eh-VOH) from the Texas Rangers in exchange for cash considerations. Beliveau has been added to the Rays 40-man roster and optioned to Triple-A Durham. To make room on the 40-man roster, the Rays have transferred Jeff Niemann (shoulder) to the 60-day disabled list.
Beliveau, 26, started the year with Triple-A Round Rock and had only made one appearance there (2-IP, 0-ER). In 2012, the reliever saw his first major league action during a 22-game stint with the Cubs, going 1-0 with a 4.58 ERA (17.2-IP, 9-ER) in 22 appearances from July 22 through the end of the season. Over six minor league seasons, he has compiled a 21-14 record with a 2.84 ERA and averaged 11.6 SO/9 IP. He had spent his entire professional career with the Cubs before being claimed on waivers by Texas on December 21, 2012.