Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Rays expand Burst Pass program
Posted Mar 28, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Mar 28, 2013 at 11:48 AM
The Rays have expanded the Burst Pass program for this season. Here is the release:
The Burst Pass is a stored value card that serves as a season ticket holder I.D. card and provides season ticket holders with a 12 percent cash bonus for every dollar loaded onto their card.
New features to the Burst Pass this year include the ability to make purchases at any concessions or merchandise stand (including portables) at Tropicana Field and the option to use the Burst Pass as a ticket for all home games.
Every fifth time a season ticket holder uses their Burst Pass as their game ticket, they will automatically receive a voucher for a free hot dog, soda or popcorn on their Burst Pass card. In addition, they can be automatically entered to win prizes awarded daily through the use of their Burst Pass.
Burst Pass holders also receive access to special promotions and discounts throughout the season. Funds loaded onto the card get the exclusive 12 percent cash bonus and never expire. Additional rewards are available for card usage through Burst Pass VIP Awards where fans can qualify to win a $100 gift certificate to the Rays Authentics Gameday Memorabilia store and other unique prizes.
“We’re excited to give our season ticket holders even more reasons to use their Burst Pass this year,” said Rays Senior Vice President of Development and Business Affairs Michael Kalt. “Our season ticket holders receive tremendous added value by using their Burst Pass cards while we are able to better understand their needs and provide them with the highest level of service.”
When the Rays created the Burst Pass program in 2012, they became the first team in Major League Baseball to offer a stored value program via the Fortress platform. The Burst Pass is a radio-frequency (RF) enabled stored value card that uses encrypted chip technology to complete transactions and share data. This “contactless” technology results in transactions times much faster than cards utilizing a typical magnetic stripe.