Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
- Boys Basketball: Jean, Ingram make 7A All-State Team
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Aaron auto is mystery redemption card No. 1 for 2014 Topps Tribute
- Bishop McLaughlin names assistant Craig Moore as its head football coach
Rays @ ChiSox: Price looking for win No. 1
Posted Apr 28, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Apr 28, 2013 at 01:07 PM
CHICAGO David Price goes for his elusive first win this afternoon in the same stadium where he won his 20th game last season.
The Rays hope to make it two-straight wins after pounding the White Sox 10-4 on Saturday night for a season-high in runs and hits (19). Matt Moore improved to 5-0. he has as many wins as the Marlins.
SS Yunel Escobar (right hamstring tightness) is not in the lineup for fourth straight game. Tuesday in Kansas City is still the target date for his return. C Jose Molina (right quad contusion) could play today in an emergency.
Rays manager Joe Maddon said DH Luke Scott is “kind of on track to join us in Kansas City.” The Rays will know more after Scott plays this evening with the Class A Charlotte Stone Crabs.
Here are the lineups:
Price LHP (0-2, 5.52)
De Aza LF
Axelrod RHP (0-1, 3.80)