Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Rays @ ChiSox: Price looking for win No. 1
Posted Apr 28, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Apr 28, 2013 at 01:07 PM
CHICAGO David Price goes for his elusive first win this afternoon in the same stadium where he won his 20th game last season.
The Rays hope to make it two-straight wins after pounding the White Sox 10-4 on Saturday night for a season-high in runs and hits (19). Matt Moore improved to 5-0. he has as many wins as the Marlins.
SS Yunel Escobar (right hamstring tightness) is not in the lineup for fourth straight game. Tuesday in Kansas City is still the target date for his return. C Jose Molina (right quad contusion) could play today in an emergency.
Rays manager Joe Maddon said DH Luke Scott is “kind of on track to join us in Kansas City.” The Rays will know more after Scott plays this evening with the Class A Charlotte Stone Crabs.
Here are the lineups:
Price LHP (0-2, 5.52)
De Aza LF
Axelrod RHP (0-1, 3.80)