Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
Rays, Centerplate continue to partner on Fundraising Stand Program at the Trop
Posted Jan 30, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Jan 30, 2013 at 04:45 PM
The Rays and Centerplate will team up this season on the Fundraising Stand Program at Tropicana Field. This will be the 16th season for the program.
In 2012, 68 nonprofit groups, including charitable organizations, youth and school groups, raised more than $1 million for their organizations by volunteering as stand workers at the Trop. The program raised close to $11.2 million during the past 15 years.
Non-profit organizations interested in participating for this season should contact Centerplate at (727) 825-3384.