Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Panini reveals details about Pinnacle basketball
- Rays pick up pitcher in minor league Rule 5 draft
- Land O’ Lakes cross country stars Travis Nichols, Tyler Stahl commit to North Florida
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
Rays, Centerplate continue to partner on Fundraising Stand Program at the Trop
Posted Jan 30, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Jan 30, 2013 at 04:45 PM
The Rays and Centerplate will team up this season on the Fundraising Stand Program at Tropicana Field. This will be the 16th season for the program.
In 2012, 68 nonprofit groups, including charitable organizations, youth and school groups, raised more than $1 million for their organizations by volunteering as stand workers at the Trop. The program raised close to $11.2 million during the past 15 years.
Non-profit organizations interested in participating for this season should contact Centerplate at (727) 825-3384.