Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Seffner Christian’s Hanson picks Liberty
- Current Baseball America prospect list boasts five locals
- Rays @ O’s: Hellickson returns to mound to start trip
- Former Newsome tennis standout, Hersh, named POY
- Bishop McLaughlin sophomore OH Alyssa Mathis commits to San Diego State
- Rays v BoSox: Price looks for 2nd win, Escobar moved to 5th in order
- Area athletes sign and commit to colleges
- Steinbrenner announces athletic signings
- Mitchell P/INF Chris McCormick commits to PHCC
- Three Hudson girls soccer players, including first the Division I scholarship, to sign Friday
- Connors holds serve in autobiography
- Allergies might be behind Price’s poor start
- Holy Names’ Martin picks TCU
- Rays v BoSox: Jennings returns, Rays looking for 6th straight W
- CDS’ Lewis signs with Kentucky Christian
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
Rays @ BoSox: Guyer out for the season, Jennings close to returning and lineups
Posted May 25, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated May 25, 2012 at 06:09 PM
BOSTON OF Brandon Guyer will miss the rest of the season because of a torn labrum in his left shoulder.
Guyer, on the DL since May 16 with what was believed to be a shoulder strain sustained while taking batting practice in Baltimore on May 13, will miss the rest of the season.
In other injury news, LF Desmond Jennings (left knee sprain) will begin a minor league rehab assignment by the middle of next week.
Carlos Peña will bat leadoff tonight against the Red Sox at Fenway Park for the third straight game. Joe Maddon moved Sean Rodriguez from third to second base and will play Drew Sutton at third.
Alex Cobb makes his second start of the season. He will be opposed by BoSox lefty Jon Lester.
The Rays begin the night one-game behind the first place Orioles.
Here are the lineups:
Cobb RHP (1-0, 2.57)
Lester LHP (3-3, 3.95)