Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
Rays @ BoSox: First place on the line again
Posted Jul 25, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Jul 25, 2013 at 03:42 PM
BOSTON The Rays have a chance to move into first place tonight with a win against the Red Sox at Fenway Park.
They enter the game trailing the first place Sox by half a game for the second time this week. The Rays lost 6-2 Tuesday when a win would have moved them to the top of the AL East.
Jeremy Hellickson will pitch for the Rays, which is good because they have are undefeated in Hellickson’s last six starts and have won nine times in his last 10 starts.
The Rays have won two of the first three games of the series, receiving complete games in each victory by Matt Moore and David Price
Here are the lineups:
Hellickson RHP (9-3, 4.62)
Lackey RHP (7-6, 2.78)