Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
Rays @ BoSox: First place on the line again
Posted Jul 25, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Jul 25, 2013 at 03:42 PM
BOSTON The Rays have a chance to move into first place tonight with a win against the Red Sox at Fenway Park.
They enter the game trailing the first place Sox by half a game for the second time this week. The Rays lost 6-2 Tuesday when a win would have moved them to the top of the AL East.
Jeremy Hellickson will pitch for the Rays, which is good because they have are undefeated in Hellickson’s last six starts and have won nine times in his last 10 starts.
The Rays have won two of the first three games of the series, receiving complete games in each victory by Matt Moore and David Price
Here are the lineups:
Hellickson RHP (9-3, 4.62)
Lackey RHP (7-6, 2.78)