Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
Rays @ A’s: All quiet on the trade front
Posted Jul 30, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Jul 30, 2012 at 08:59 PM
OAKLAND Rays manager Joe Maddon said there is nothing new to report on the trade front and expects to return to Tampa Bay after Wednesday’s game with the same squad that takes on the A’s tonight.
The James Shields Rumors have tailed off and he said he expects to make his scheduled start Tuesday night, which will begin six hours West Coast time after the trade deadline.
Despite beating the Angels on Sunday, the Rays team batting average dropped to .231, which is the lowest in the major leagues. However, the lead the major leagues in walks. The 1914 Yankees are the only team in baseball history to finish the season last in the majors in batting and first in walks.
The Rays take on the red-hot A’s, winners of 13 of their last 16. David Price goes for his major league-leading 15th win.
Here are the lineups for tonight’s game:
Price LHP (14-4, 2.57)
Griffin RHP (3-0, 2.22)