Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Rays announce Opening Day is sold out
Posted Feb 29, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Feb 29, 2012 at 03:41 PM
PORT CHARLOTTE The Rays announced this morning that scattered single seat tickets remain for the April 6 season-opener against the Yankees at Tropicana Field, and as a result, are declaring the game a sell-out.
“Wonderful,” Rays owner Stuart Sternberg said. “It’s great to be able to do it in February.”
Sternberg said tickets are selling well for the Saturday and Sunday games of the three-game series.
“It’s the weekend. It’s the Yankees. It’s the opening series,” he said. “There will absolutely be a spillover. There’s a good demand on those games.
Single game tickets are on sale at all Ticketmaster outlets, the Rays Tampa Store at 400 N. Tampa St., Tampa, the Gate 1 Tropicana Field Box Office, by phone at 888-FAN-RAYS or 1-800-745-3000 and online at raysbaseball.com.