Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ O’s: Moore looking to go 8-0, Rays looking for sweep
- Collect call: 2013 Bowman baseball
- Rays @ O’s: Rays on FOX game of the week
- Seffner Christian’s Hanson picks Liberty
- Current Baseball America prospect list boasts five locals
- Rays @ O’s: Hellickson returns to mound to start trip
- Former Newsome tennis standout, Hersh, named POY
- Bishop McLaughlin sophomore OH Alyssa Mathis commits to San Diego State
- Rays v BoSox: Price looks for 2nd win, Escobar moved to 5th in order
- Area athletes sign and commit to colleges
- Steinbrenner announces athletic signings
- Mitchell P/INF Chris McCormick commits to PHCC
- Three Hudson girls soccer players, including first the Division I scholarship, to sign Friday
- Connors holds serve in autobiography
- Allergies might be behind Price’s poor start
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
Rays add 3 to 40-man roster
Posted Nov 18, 2011 by Roger Mooney
Updated Nov 18, 2011 at 05:26 PM
The Rays added three players to their 40-man roster by today’s deadline, brining the roster to 38 players.
This leaves two openings, should the Rays add a player or two before or at next month’s Winter Meetings.
So, should they sign catcher Jose Molina next week, which is a very real possibility, he can be added to the 40-man without the need for a corresponding move.
The players added today are:
—RHP Alex Colome, who was 12-9 with a 3.82 ERA in 28 combined starts with Class A Charlotte and Double A Montgomery.
—RHP Wilking Rodriguez, who was 1-4 with a 5.00 ERA in 11 combined starts with short season Hudson Valley and low Class A Bowling Green.
—C Stephen Vogt, who batted .298 with 17 home runs and 105 RBIs while splitting time between Montgomery and Triple A Durham.