Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
Rays add 3 to 40-man roster
Posted Nov 18, 2011 by Roger Mooney
Updated Nov 18, 2011 at 05:26 PM
The Rays added three players to their 40-man roster by today’s deadline, brining the roster to 38 players.
This leaves two openings, should the Rays add a player or two before or at next month’s Winter Meetings.
So, should they sign catcher Jose Molina next week, which is a very real possibility, he can be added to the 40-man without the need for a corresponding move.
The players added today are:
—RHP Alex Colome, who was 12-9 with a 3.82 ERA in 28 combined starts with Class A Charlotte and Double A Montgomery.
—RHP Wilking Rodriguez, who was 1-4 with a 5.00 ERA in 11 combined starts with short season Hudson Valley and low Class A Bowling Green.
—C Stephen Vogt, who batted .298 with 17 home runs and 105 RBIs while splitting time between Montgomery and Triple A Durham.