Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
Rays add 3 to 40-man roster
Posted Nov 18, 2011 by Roger Mooney
Updated Nov 18, 2011 at 05:26 PM
The Rays added three players to their 40-man roster by today’s deadline, brining the roster to 38 players.
This leaves two openings, should the Rays add a player or two before or at next month’s Winter Meetings.
So, should they sign catcher Jose Molina next week, which is a very real possibility, he can be added to the 40-man without the need for a corresponding move.
The players added today are:
—RHP Alex Colome, who was 12-9 with a 3.82 ERA in 28 combined starts with Class A Charlotte and Double A Montgomery.
—RHP Wilking Rodriguez, who was 1-4 with a 5.00 ERA in 11 combined starts with short season Hudson Valley and low Class A Bowling Green.
—C Stephen Vogt, who batted .298 with 17 home runs and 105 RBIs while splitting time between Montgomery and Triple A Durham.