Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
Rays acquire OF Kyle Hudson for Triple A depth
Posted Mar 31, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Mar 31, 2012 at 11:07 PM
PORT CHARLOTTE The Rays acquired outfielder Kyle Hudson, 25, from the Rangers today for future considerations and will send him to Triple A Durham to provide outfield depth in the organization.
The 5-foot-11, 175-pound Hudson bats and throws left-handed.
Hudson hit .143 in 28 at-bats with the Orioles last September.
He was released by the Orioles in January and signed the same month by the Rangers to a minor league contract.