Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
- Boys Basketball: Jean, Ingram make 7A All-State Team
Rays acquire OF Kyle Hudson for Triple A depth
Posted Mar 31, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Mar 31, 2012 at 11:07 PM
PORT CHARLOTTE The Rays acquired outfielder Kyle Hudson, 25, from the Rangers today for future considerations and will send him to Triple A Durham to provide outfield depth in the organization.
The 5-foot-11, 175-pound Hudson bats and throws left-handed.
Hudson hit .143 in 28 at-bats with the Orioles last September.
He was released by the Orioles in January and signed the same month by the Rangers to a minor league contract.