Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Rays acquire OF Kyle Hudson for Triple A depth
Posted Mar 31, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Mar 31, 2012 at 11:07 PM
PORT CHARLOTTE The Rays acquired outfielder Kyle Hudson, 25, from the Rangers today for future considerations and will send him to Triple A Durham to provide outfield depth in the organization.
The 5-foot-11, 175-pound Hudson bats and throws left-handed.
Hudson hit .143 in 28 at-bats with the Orioles last September.
He was released by the Orioles in January and signed the same month by the Rangers to a minor league contract.