Most Recent Entries
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
- Boys Basketball: Jean, Ingram make 7A All-State Team
Raulerson and Hudson Make It Official
Posted Jul 25, 2013 by Scott Purks
Updated Jul 25, 2013 at 05:38 PM
Plant senior offensive lineman Ray Raulerson and wide receiver/safety Austin Hudson officially announced their commitments to the University of Tennessee and the University of Wisconsin respectively Thursday evening at the Plant football fieldhouse.
Raulerson (6-foot-5, 285 pounds) had more than 25 scholarship offers and is rated as one of the top lineman prospects in the country.
“I’m excited to be part of one of the best recruiting classes in the country,” said Raulerson of this year’s class, which has jumped on board with new Volunteers head coach Butch Jones. “I’m also excited to be on this year’s team at Plant. We have a great team this year and have a chance to do some great things.”
Hudson (6-2, 180 pounds) also had numerous offers from several schools, including Florida International. Hudson was sidelined last year after the third game when suffered a herniated groin.
“I wouldn’t trade that injury for anything because it showed me how much I love the game and how much I want to be there for my teammates,” Hudson said. “Now I’m ready to help lead Plant to a state championship.”