Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Profar is second Bowman redemption card
Posted May 20, 2013 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated May 20, 2013 at 05:47 PM
Topps announced its second redemption for its 2013 Bowman baseball product, and card No. 2 will be Texas Rangers rookie shortstop Jurickson Profar.
The 6-foot, 165-pounder from Willemstad, Curacao, turned 20 in February and was called up by the Rangers on Sunday. He appeared in nine games with Texas in 2012, going 3-for-17 but hitting a homer and driving in two runs. His other two hits were doubles.
Profar’s card, the second of five redemptions for the 2013 Bowman set, will be a 65th anniversary Bowman Blue Sapphire refractor card that will have an on-card autograph and a new image.
Redemption No. 1 was an autograph rookie card of Dodgers pitcher Hyun-Jin Ryu.