Most Recent Entries
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
Price, Miller could be back at work this week
Posted Aug 21, 2011 by Roy Cummings
Updated Aug 21, 2011 at 01:10 PM
By ROY CUMMINGS
The Tampa Tribune
TAMPA – The Bucs are down a couple of defensive tackles right now, but there’s a chance they’ll get two of the more notable players at that position back this week.
Bucs coach Raheem Morris said he expects Roy Miller (knee) to be back at practice later this week and he’s not ruling out a return to the practice field for Brian Price (pelvis).
“There’s a good chance he’ll get some action this week,’’ Morris said of Price, who had to have both his hamstrings re-attached to his pelvis during a season-ending operation last year.
“He looked really good in his workout yesterday, running and he did some things and so he’s getting really close.’’
Miller, meanwhile, is listed as day to day, according to Morris, who welcomed TE Luke Stocker (hip) back to practice for the first time since the third day of training camp.
“I’m fired up about Luke Stocker getting back on the field,’’ Morris said. “And he couldn’t have picked a better practice to come back to. You come off that little injury and you get back into a full live practice with a bunch of intensity going on, a bunch of situations - changing the pace. He certainly made our run game look different in our team run period today. That was good to see.’’