Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays juggle rotation to get Cobb a start this weekend against Yankees
- Beckett opens weekly Wednesday chat room on Facebook page
- Rays @ Jays: Joyce update, Longo DH, Molina returns
- NFL Network report on Revis is revealing
- In The Game acquires Sport Kings LP
- Pasco WR Nate Craig (2016) up to 15 Division I offers
- Tampa Bay softball players honored by FACA
- Western Conference Baseball Teams
- Pasco baseball players Blaine Duncan, Matt Plourde headed to Barry, Daytona State respectively
- Maddon changes stance on Escobar’s home run guesture
- Panini previews Rookies & Stars football
- A peek at Panini’s 2013 Cooperstown Collection
- Wharton athletes sign NLI’s
- Touchdown Club of Atlanta names Hargreaves top defensive back in the country
- Rays @ Jays: Cobb looking for 5th win
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
Price leaves game in 8th inning with apparent back injury
Posted Jun 29, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Jun 29, 2012 at 09:35 PM
ST. PETERSBURG David Price left tonight’s game before the start of the eighth inning because of an apparent injury.
Sun Sports immediately showed a clip of Price sitting in the dugout with what appeared to be a heat pad on his back.
With the Rays leading the Tigers 4-2, Price went out to take his warm-up pitches, but assistant athletic trainer Paul Harker quickly went to the mound. Pitching coach Jim Hickey and manager Joe Maddon soon followed.
After a brief discussion, Price walked off the field, and Jake McGee was called in from the bullpen.
Price allowed two runs on five hits and one walk in his seven innings. He struck out seven. He had thrown only 78 pitches.
We’ll have more on this when the information becomes available.