Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Press Pass unveils Black Friday promotion
Posted Nov 20, 2012 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated Mar 27, 2013 at 10:13 PM
If you’re going to be out shopping on Black Friday, you’re either a bargain-hunter, very brave, insane or being blackmailed by your spouse.
For argument’s sake, let’s assume you are a bargain hunter — and a card collector. If that is the case, then a promotion by Press Pass might be worth looking into.
Press Pass will be conducting retail and hobby promotions beginning today and lasting until 11:59 p.m. on Dec. 9. The retail promotion will involve Press Pass products at Walmart and Target outlets.
A collector who buys at least $40 worth of retail products at Walmart and/or Target will receive a special gift package that will be worth a minimum retail value of $40. A randomly selected grand prize winner will receive a hobby half-case of 2012 FanFare. That’s worth more than $1,000, according to Press Pass.
To qualify, simply submit a copy of the Walmart and/or Target receipts (dated Nov.19 through Dec. 9, 2012) showing the purchase of at least $40 in Press Pas retail trading card packs or boxes.
The hobby promotion involves your local hobby shop. A collector must submit a photo of themselves holding a hobby box of 2013 Press Pass Racing, Sports Town Football or Press Pass Hall of Fame Edition in front of his or her local hobby shop. “Holding” is the key word here; there is nothing in the wording of the hobby promotion that says you have to buy the boxes. The collector then will be entered to win a half-case of 2012 FanFare Racing, Sports Town Football, or Press Pass Legends Hall of Fame Edition (if you win, you choose).