Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
“Players and Pooches” calendar on sale Friday
Posted May 2, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated May 2, 2012 at 06:51 PM
The Tampa Bay Rays first “Players and Pooches” calendar will go on sale Friday, May 4th at Pet Pal Animal Shelter and Pet Pal Veterinary Clinic as well as the Rays Team Store at Tropicana Field, the Rays Pro Shop and Sales Office in Tampa. The calendar will sell for $15. All proceeds from the sales will go to Pet Pal Animal Shelter.
“I cannot express in words how grateful and thankful the Pet Pal staff and volunteers are for these amazing men and women who have come together to support our Shelter. Their generosity will help save hundreds, even thousands of animals’ lives. This is a huge win for the animals,” says Scott Daly, Executive Director of Pet Pal.
The 13-month, full-color calendar features Rays Manager Joe Maddon with his Great Dane, Athena and his English Bulldog, Winston; Evan Longoria and his Boerboel Mastiff, Tatum and Bull Terrier, Jango, both rescues; David Price and his beloved French Bulldog, Astro; and B.J. Upton with Deuce, a Rhodesian Ridgeback.
Pet Pal Animal Shelter is a no-kill, non profit organization committed to rescuing dogs and cats from animal shelters that may otherwise be euthanized due to time limitations or lack of socialization or training. Pet Pal is also dedicated to educating the public about the pet overpopulation crisis, the importance of spaying/neutering and responsible pet ownership.
To donate to Pet Pal Animal Shelter or for more information, visit http://www.petpalanimalshelter.com or call 727-328-7738.
Pet Pal Animal Shelter:
405 22nd Street South, Saint Petersburg 33711.
Hours: Tues-Fri 11am – 4:30pm; Sat 10am – 4:30pm; Sun-Mon Closed.
Pet Pal Veterinary Clinic:
1900 34th Street N, St. Petersburg, 33712
Hours: Mon-Fri 9am – 5pm; Sat 8am – 12pm
Pet Pal Thrift Store:
1500 34th Street N, St Petersburg, 33713
Hours: Tues-Sat 10am – 5pm