Most Recent Entries
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson picks up 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
Plant softball raises $4,000 for breast cancer
Posted Feb 25, 2013 by Nick Williams
Updated Feb 25, 2013 at 03:03 PM
The Plant softball team raised just over $4,000 and donated to money to Tampa’s Moffitt Cancer Center.
The team raised close to $3,000 leading up its Breast Cancer Awareness game against Durant on Feb. 19, which the Panthers won, 7-4. The team raised an extra $1,000 during the game and honored Cindy Ruff, the Plant Athletic Foundation President. Ruff threw the first pitch.
Plant (4-1) plays Wharton (5-0) Tuesday in a matchup of two of the top teams in Hillsborough County. Plant’s only loss is to Chamberlain, the defending 7A state champions. Wharton defeated Chamberlain, 2-1, in the season opener.