Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
Plant softball raises $4,000 for breast cancer
Posted Feb 25, 2013 by Nick Williams
Updated Feb 25, 2013 at 03:03 PM
The Plant softball team raised just over $4,000 and donated to money to Tampa’s Moffitt Cancer Center.
The team raised close to $3,000 leading up its Breast Cancer Awareness game against Durant on Feb. 19, which the Panthers won, 7-4. The team raised an extra $1,000 during the game and honored Cindy Ruff, the Plant Athletic Foundation President. Ruff threw the first pitch.
Plant (4-1) plays Wharton (5-0) Tuesday in a matchup of two of the top teams in Hillsborough County. Plant’s only loss is to Chamberlain, the defending 7A state champions. Wharton defeated Chamberlain, 2-1, in the season opener.