Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Plant DB Keenan Stalls commits to Kent State
Posted Jan 26, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Jan 26, 2012 at 01:40 PM
Plant defensive back Keenan Stalls, who produced a standout senior season to earn a starting spot on the Panthers’ Class 8A state championship squad last fall, has made a verbal commitment to Kent State University, Plant head coach Robert Weiner confirmed Thursday.
Stalls is the second Panthers player this week to make a commitment, following offensive lineman Nathan Shienle, who made one to Tulane.
Stalls also had scholarship offers from Bethune-Cookman University, Virginia Military Institute and Presbyterian College but chose the Golden Flashes after a visit to Ken State’s campus last weekend in Ohio.
For the season, Stalls finished with a team-high six interceptions and also produced 66 tackles, 20 passes defended and a sack.
Kent State competes in the NCAA’s Division I (Bowl Subdivision for football), and the Mid-American Conference East division.
Photo: Plant defensive back Keenan Stalls upends Miramar quarterback Camren Hudge in the second quarter of the Class 8A state championship game at the Citrus Bowl. Staff photo by Bill Ward/The Tampa Tribune.