Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Plant City’s Coney picks Cincinnati
Posted Aug 1, 2011 by Katherine Smith
Updated Aug 1, 2011 at 11:24 AM
Plant City quarterback Bennie Coney has listed Cincinnati has his favorite for quite a while.
A visit to the campus was all the rising senior needed to solidify his commitment. Coney verbally committed to Cincinnati, Raiders coach Wayne Ward announced on Monday.
In addition to committing early, Coney will join the Bearcats program early. In a recent profile, Coney told the Tampa Tribune he is on track to graduate from Plant City in December, so he can enroll at Cincinnati in time for spring workouts.
After receiving dozens of Division I offers, Coney narrowed the lengthy list down to five - Cincinnati, Louisville, Arkansas, Virginia Tech and Pittsburgh. He scheduled unofficial visits to Cincinnati and Louisville at the end of last month.
You can read more about Coney’s resurrection here.