Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
Pitchers and catchers begin 1st workout of the spring
Posted Feb 13, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Feb 13, 2013 at 09:06 AM
PORT CHARLOTTE The Rays officially begin spring training this morning when the pitchers and catchers take part in the first workout of camp.
Of the 35 pitchers invited, 27 worked out Tuesday. All seven catchers reported early to camp, as well.
It’s a cloudy morning at the Charlotte Sports Complex and that could send the group indoors.
Scheduled to throw bullpens today are David Price, Jeff Niemann, Brandon Gomes and Kyle Farnsworth.