Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
- Maddux, Glavine, Thomas highlight newcomers on Hall of Fame ballot
Percival throwing to hitters
Posted Aug 28, 2008 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Aug 28, 2008 at 03:43 PM
Troy Percival is in the midst of his next step toward activation off the disabled list.
He’s on the main mound at the Trop throwing live batting practice. It appears Justin Ruggiano and Ben Zobrist will provide the opposition.
Percival’s eligible to come off the DL on Saturday and all indications thus far have been positive. If the Rays feel good about where he is, they can activate him then and option Juan Salas back to Durham for a couple of days. Or they can wait on Percival until rosters expand Monday and just add him then.