Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
Percival throwing to hitters
Posted Aug 28, 2008 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Aug 28, 2008 at 03:43 PM
Troy Percival is in the midst of his next step toward activation off the disabled list.
He’s on the main mound at the Trop throwing live batting practice. It appears Justin Ruggiano and Ben Zobrist will provide the opposition.
Percival’s eligible to come off the DL on Saturday and all indications thus far have been positive. If the Rays feel good about where he is, they can activate him then and option Juan Salas back to Durham for a couple of days. Or they can wait on Percival until rosters expand Monday and just add him then.