Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
Percival throwing to hitters
Posted Aug 28, 2008 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Aug 28, 2008 at 03:43 PM
Troy Percival is in the midst of his next step toward activation off the disabled list.
He’s on the main mound at the Trop throwing live batting practice. It appears Justin Ruggiano and Ben Zobrist will provide the opposition.
Percival’s eligible to come off the DL on Saturday and all indications thus far have been positive. If the Rays feel good about where he is, they can activate him then and option Juan Salas back to Durham for a couple of days. Or they can wait on Percival until rosters expand Monday and just add him then.