Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Percival says he thinks he’s out
Posted Oct 1, 2008 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Oct 1, 2008 at 01:26 PM
The Rays still say they haven’t finalized their roster, as there are still some last-minute decisions to be made, but there are other indications about where they’re going.
Troy Percival said he doesn’t think he’ll be on the ALDS roster. As was the case with Edwin Jackson yesterday, the Rays would not confirm that.
Either way, it looks like David Price is just about locked in at this point, and the Rays will go with 10 pitchers.
In other news, Carl Crawford will bat 5th or 6th tomorrow, though he hopes to convince Joe Maddon to move him back up to 2nd during the series.
Also, Jason Hammel and John Jaso have been told they will not be on the first-round roster.