Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Pepsi/Panini announces Week 2 rookie nominees
Posted Sep 17, 2013 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated Sep 17, 2013 at 06:14 PM
Here’s a chance to give an NFL rookie some extra prestige.
It’s Week 2 for the Pepsi Next/Panini America NFL Rookie of the Week Promotion, and this week’s nominees will be featured on virtual cards that have the design of the venerable Prestige football set. Vote for the player you believe was the top rookie in Week 2.
Here’s how to vote. Go to http://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/2013 to cast your ballot. Then share the image of the nominee you voted for on your Facebook page, Panini America’s Facebook page and on Panini’s Twitter account (@PaniniAmerica). Use the hashtag #PepsiROW and mention @PaniniAmerica, and you can be eligible for prizes.
Here are the nominees for Week 2:
Bills quarterback EJ Manuel passed for 296 yards and a touchdown in the Bills’ 24-23 comeback victory against Carolina.
Vikings wide receiver Cordarrelle Patterson returned three kickoffs for 149 yards, including a 105-yard touchdown against the Bears.
Rams wide receiver Tavon Austin had six catches for 47 yards and two touchdowns against Atlanta.
Texans wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins made seven catches for 117 yards and a touchdown in Houston’s 30-24 victory against Tennessee.
Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu recorded six tackles including one for a loss. His final tackle sealed Arizona’s victory against Detroit.
It’s time to start voting.