Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Pena, Bartlett expected tomorrow
Posted Jun 26, 2008 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Jun 26, 2008 at 12:22 PM
MIAMI—Apologies for the late start, was trying to get some work done for this weekend.
Seeing as how the game is already in progress, I’ll skip the lineups and just note that the lineup should look different tomorrow night in Pittsburgh.
Both Carlos Pena and Jason Bartlett are expected to be at PNC Park, and Pena will be activated from the DL as long as he doesn’t experience any setbacks in his DH stint for Vero Beach tonight at Sarasota.
Still unknown is whether Akinori Iwamura will be eligible to play. The Rays haven’t heard back from MLB regarding his suspension appeal and don’t know when they will get the word.
As long as Bartlett is good to go tomorrow, Ben Zobrist is the likely bet to be sent back to Durham and make room for Pena on the active roster.