Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Pasco senior DB Damien Wilson suspended one game by FHSAA
Posted Nov 5, 2012 by Mike Camunas
Updated Nov 5, 2012 at 02:02 PM
Pasco will be down a senior defensive back as the Florida High School Athletic Association suspended the Pirates’ Damien Wilson for this Friday’s game.
Wilson was ejected from last Friday’s 56-17 win over 9-Mile War rival Zephyrhills. Following a offensive play by the Bulldogs (5-4, 5-2 Class 5A-District 6), an on the field scuffle ensued and Wilson was penalized with two unsportsmanlike taunting personal fouls and then removed from the game. FHSAA deemed it a level 1 unsportsmanlike conduct, which carries a one-game suspension.
The lone upside to this suspension is that Wilson will miss the Pirates regular-season finale Friday when the Pirates host Delray Beach Village Academy (4-5) and be able to return for Pasco’s first-round playoff game hosting Citra North Marion (5-4) on Nov. 16.
Wilson has been part of a really good Pasco (9-0, 7-0) defense that has only allowed 44 points this season.