Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Pasco senior DB Damien Wilson suspended one game by FHSAA
Posted Nov 5, 2012 by Mike Camunas
Updated Nov 5, 2012 at 02:02 PM
Pasco will be down a senior defensive back as the Florida High School Athletic Association suspended the Pirates’ Damien Wilson for this Friday’s game.
Wilson was ejected from last Friday’s 56-17 win over 9-Mile War rival Zephyrhills. Following a offensive play by the Bulldogs (5-4, 5-2 Class 5A-District 6), an on the field scuffle ensued and Wilson was penalized with two unsportsmanlike taunting personal fouls and then removed from the game. FHSAA deemed it a level 1 unsportsmanlike conduct, which carries a one-game suspension.
The lone upside to this suspension is that Wilson will miss the Pirates regular-season finale Friday when the Pirates host Delray Beach Village Academy (4-5) and be able to return for Pasco’s first-round playoff game hosting Citra North Marion (5-4) on Nov. 16.
Wilson has been part of a really good Pasco (9-0, 7-0) defense that has only allowed 44 points this season.