Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
- Boys Basketball: Jean, Ingram make 7A All-State Team
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Aaron auto is mystery redemption card No. 1 for 2014 Topps Tribute
Pasco High’s Lane Stancil picks up two baseball offers
Posted Sep 4, 2013 by Mike Camunas
Updated Sep 4, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Though the baseball season is months away, senior Lane Stancil already has two offers to play at the collegiate level.
Pirates coach Pat Fortunato said in a text message Wednesday morning that Stancil, an infielder and pitcher, has picked up offers from both Bethune Cookman and Saint Leo.
Last season, Stancil helped guide the 21-9 Pirates to a Class 5A-District 6 championship before losing to Eustis in the region quarterfinals. Stancil batted .429 with 28 runs scored, 36 hits, 24 RBI and three homers for Pasco. Stancil also plays nickel back for the football team.
Stancil was named an All Sunshine Athletic Conference selection and to the Tribune‘s All-Pasco County Baseball Team.
Stancil’s older brother, Cole, a 2011 Pasco graduate, is already part of Saint Leo’s baseball team, batting .344 with three homers as a redshirt freshman this past spring.