Most Recent Entries
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
Pasco High’s Lane Stancil picks up two baseball offers
Posted Sep 4, 2013 by Mike Camunas
Updated Sep 4, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Though the baseball season is months away, senior Lane Stancil already has two offers to play at the collegiate level.
Pirates coach Pat Fortunato said in a text message Wednesday morning that Stancil, an infielder and pitcher, has picked up offers from both Bethune Cookman and Saint Leo.
Last season, Stancil helped guide the 21-9 Pirates to a Class 5A-District 6 championship before losing to Eustis in the region quarterfinals. Stancil batted .429 with 28 runs scored, 36 hits, 24 RBI and three homers for Pasco. Stancil also plays nickel back for the football team.
Stancil was named an All Sunshine Athletic Conference selection and to the Tribune‘s All-Pasco County Baseball Team.
Stancil’s older brother, Cole, a 2011 Pasco graduate, is already part of Saint Leo’s baseball team, batting .344 with three homers as a redshirt freshman this past spring.