Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
Pasco baseball players Blaine Duncan, Matt Plourde headed to Barry, Daytona State respectively
Posted May 21, 2013 by Mike Camunas
Updated May 21, 2013 at 08:40 PM
Pasco senior ace Blaine Duncan is taking his talents to South Beach after verbally committing to Barry University, Pirates baseball coach Pat Fortunato told the Tampa Tribune via text Tuesday evening.
Fortunato added senior catcher Matt Plourde has signed to play for Daytona State.
Duncan, a six-foot southpaw, was one of the county’s top pitchers this season, going 7-1 with a 1.09 ERA and 100 strikeouts that got him named third-team Sunshine Athletic Conference.
Plourde drove in 22 RBI with a .256 batting average, but was key by catching all 29 games in full for the Pirates
Duncan and Plourde also helped lead Pasco (20-9) to a Class 5A-District 8 championship over rival Wesley Chapel, but were knocked out of the region quarterfinals by Eustis.
Barry University is Division II college located in Miami Shores and the Buccaneers went 31-19 this season, while Daytona State is a junior college in Daytona Beach and the Falcons finished the season receiving six votes in the NJCAA baseball poll.