Most Recent Entries
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
Pasco baseball players Blaine Duncan, Matt Plourde headed to Barry, Daytona State respectively
Posted May 21, 2013 by Mike Camunas
Updated May 21, 2013 at 08:40 PM
Pasco senior ace Blaine Duncan is taking his talents to South Beach after verbally committing to Barry University, Pirates baseball coach Pat Fortunato told the Tampa Tribune via text Tuesday evening.
Fortunato added senior catcher Matt Plourde has signed to play for Daytona State.
Duncan, a six-foot southpaw, was one of the county’s top pitchers this season, going 7-1 with a 1.09 ERA and 100 strikeouts that got him named third-team Sunshine Athletic Conference.
Plourde drove in 22 RBI with a .256 batting average, but was key by catching all 29 games in full for the Pirates
Duncan and Plourde also helped lead Pasco (20-9) to a Class 5A-District 8 championship over rival Wesley Chapel, but were knocked out of the region quarterfinals by Eustis.
Barry University is Division II college located in Miami Shores and the Buccaneers went 31-19 this season, while Daytona State is a junior college in Daytona Beach and the Falcons finished the season receiving six votes in the NJCAA baseball poll.