Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- Topps previews baseball Update series
- Panini’s Prime Hockey will have extra treat
- Rays juggle rotation to get Cobb a start this weekend against Yankees
- Beckett opens weekly Wednesday chat room on Facebook page
- Rays @ Jays: Joyce update, Longo DH, Molina returns
- NFL Network report on Revis is revealing
- In The Game acquires Sport Kings LP
- Pasco WR Nate Craig (2016) up to 15 Division I offers
- Tampa Bay softball players honored by FACA
- Western Conference Baseball Teams
- Pasco baseball players Blaine Duncan, Matt Plourde headed to Barry, Daytona State respectively
- Maddon changes stance on Escobar’s home run guesture
- Panini previews Rookies & Stars football
- A peek at Panini’s 2013 Cooperstown Collection
- Wharton athletes sign NLI’s
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
Panini shows off Finite Black Prizm card
Posted Jan 13, 2013 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated Mar 27, 2013 at 09:37 PM
After weeks of teasing and showing glimpses of the soon-to-be released 2012 Prizm football set, Panini America shared a glimpse of its Finite Black Prizm card on Sunday as the NFC Divisional playoff game was beginning.
The Finite Black Prizm is going to be a 1/1 card, and there will be autographed versions of the card too.
The Tom Brady card released by Panini will give collectors a peek of the design of these chase cards. You can see how it looks in this post.
Here is a little background about the set, which is set for release next month.
The 300-card base set will include 100 rookies, and rookie cards will be inserted one per pack. A hobby box will contain 20 packs, with six cards per pack. If you buy retail, expect to find four cards to a pack and 24 packs to a box.
One hundred veterans and 100 of the rookies will have autograph parallel cards.
Panini is promising two autographs per hobby box, with at least one Red Prizm card, a Rookie Dominance insert, a Decade Dominance card and at least two more inserts. There will be no relic cards included in the set.
With the cards coming out in February with the Super Bowl still fresh in football fans’ minds, it might get a good following.