Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yankees: Moore looks for 9th, Hernandez staying put, Price update
- Rays v Yankees: Rodney remains the closer, Jennings off, Joyce back
- Gausman is Bowman’s No. 3 redemption card
- Topps previews baseball Update series
- Panini’s Prime Hockey will have extra treat
- Rays juggle rotation to get Cobb a start this weekend against Yankees
- Beckett opens weekly Wednesday chat room on Facebook page
- Rays @ Jays: Joyce update, Longo DH, Molina returns
- NFL Network report on Revis is revealing
- In The Game acquires Sport Kings LP
- Pasco WR Nate Craig (2016) up to 15 Division I offers
- Tampa Bay softball players honored by FACA
- Western Conference Baseball Teams
- Pasco baseball players Blaine Duncan, Matt Plourde headed to Barry, Daytona State respectively
- Maddon changes stance on Escobar’s home run guesture
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
Panini previews Threads basketball
Posted Jun 20, 2012 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated Jun 20, 2012 at 07:03 PM
After a year’s absence, Panini America is bringing back Threads basketball.
This is the third basketball product Panini has previewed: the company already has teased its 2012-13 NBA Hoops and Prestige sets.
Threads has an Oct. 3 release date and will contain 24 packs per hobby box, with five cards to a box. Panini notes that each hobby box will contain three autograph cards and a relic card.
Also, Threads will have 100 rookie cards printed on wood stock, with all autographs on the card (no stickers, which is always good news). The rookies will include players from the 2011 and 2012 draft classes, and there will be a 150-card base set.
New inserts will include Century Greats and High Flyers.
Autographs can be found in the die-cut Team Threads; other signatures will be in the Rookie Team Threads and Private Signings.
Memorabilia will showcase Authentic Threads, Prime Authentic Threads, Triple Threads and Prime Triple Threads.
It’s an interesting lineup, and the mock-up cards look to be quite attractive. We will see what Panini delivers in October.