Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Panini previews Threads basketball
Posted Jun 20, 2012 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated Jun 20, 2012 at 07:03 PM
After a year’s absence, Panini America is bringing back Threads basketball.
This is the third basketball product Panini has previewed: the company already has teased its 2012-13 NBA Hoops and Prestige sets.
Threads has an Oct. 3 release date and will contain 24 packs per hobby box, with five cards to a box. Panini notes that each hobby box will contain three autograph cards and a relic card.
Also, Threads will have 100 rookie cards printed on wood stock, with all autographs on the card (no stickers, which is always good news). The rookies will include players from the 2011 and 2012 draft classes, and there will be a 150-card base set.
New inserts will include Century Greats and High Flyers.
Autographs can be found in the die-cut Team Threads; other signatures will be in the Rookie Team Threads and Private Signings.
Memorabilia will showcase Authentic Threads, Prime Authentic Threads, Triple Threads and Prime Triple Threads.
It’s an interesting lineup, and the mock-up cards look to be quite attractive. We will see what Panini delivers in October.