Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
Panini offers sneak peek of Brilliance basketball
Posted Mar 4, 2013 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated Apr 6, 2013 at 08:05 PM
Panini America is hoping for some brilliance to rub off on its newest basketball product.
The 2012-13 Brilliance set will debut in late May, and a hobby box will contain 20 packs, with six cards to a pack. There will be a 300-card base set, and there will be Starbust and Artist proof parallels. A City to City dual memorabilia insert set, inspired by a Panini collector, also will be part of the set.
In addition to the base set, there will be a 240-card Marks of Brilliance autograph insert set, 60 Brilliant Beginnings rookie autographs and a Game Time Jerseys game-worn memorabilia insert.
Panini is promising that on average, each hobby box will yield two autographs, a memorabilia card, two Starburst parallels and an additional 13 inserts.
Other inserts to watch: Team Tomorrow, a 20-card subset; Spellbound, which totals 100 cards; Scorers, Inc., which will include 20 cards; Magic Numbers, a 15-card insert set; and a 25-card Springfield Hall of Fame tribute.