Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- NFL Network report on Revis is revealing
- In The Game acquires Sport Kings LP
- Pasco WR Nate Craig (2016) up to 15 Division I offers
- Tampa Bay softball players honored by FACA
- Western Conference Baseball Teams
- Pasco baseball players Blaine Duncan, Matt Plourde headed to Barry, Daytona State respectively
- Maddon changes stance on Escobar’s home run guesture
- Panini previews Rookies & Stars football
- A peek at Panini’s 2013 Cooperstown Collection
- Wharton athletes sign NLI’s
- Touchdown Club of Atlanta names Hargreaves top defensive back in the country
- Rays @ Jays: Cobb looking for 5th win
- FACA Baseball Classic Rosters announced
- Stargell stands tall in biography
- Profar is second Bowman redemption card
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
Panini offers sneak peek of Brilliance basketball
Posted Mar 4, 2013 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated Apr 6, 2013 at 08:05 PM
Panini America is hoping for some brilliance to rub off on its newest basketball product.
The 2012-13 Brilliance set will debut in late May, and a hobby box will contain 20 packs, with six cards to a pack. There will be a 300-card base set, and there will be Starbust and Artist proof parallels. A City to City dual memorabilia insert set, inspired by a Panini collector, also will be part of the set.
In addition to the base set, there will be a 240-card Marks of Brilliance autograph insert set, 60 Brilliant Beginnings rookie autographs and a Game Time Jerseys game-worn memorabilia insert.
Panini is promising that on average, each hobby box will yield two autographs, a memorabilia card, two Starburst parallels and an additional 13 inserts.
Other inserts to watch: Team Tomorrow, a 20-card subset; Spellbound, which totals 100 cards; Scorers, Inc., which will include 20 cards; Magic Numbers, a 15-card insert set; and a 25-card Springfield Hall of Fame tribute.