Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Panini offers selective peek at Select Hockey
Posted Sep 14, 2013 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated Sep 14, 2013 at 06:01 PM
Panini America previewed its Select Hockey product on Saturday, touting the return of a product that has been, well, on ice for more than 20 years
The newest version of Select will be released in early November. A hobby box will be packaged as two mini-boxes, which each mini-box containing two autographs, two Prizm parallels and three inserts.
The 2013-14 Select product will have two new rookie card designs from the double rookie class, which will include autograph and auto/memorabilia versions. I like the way Panini designates the rookie cards as Dual Class, with a DC logo. Interesting.
Some of the insert sets include Select Stars, Youth Explosion and Freezers.
Freezers is an interesting name, since it refers to goaltenders who freeze the puck and keep the other team from scoring.
The cards look nice. Hockey fans are going to have fun this season, particularly with all the rookies that will be floating around.