Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson picks up 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
Panini offering online promo pack for Stanley Cup finals
Posted Jun 12, 2013 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated Jun 12, 2013 at 05:46 PM
Game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals are a few hours away, and hockey collectors can enjoy the best-of-seven series and indulge in a promotion sponsored by Panini America.
For a limited time and while supplies last, Panini is offering a special to online customers. Collectors who purchase at least $100 worth of NHL product at iCollectPanini.com will receive a one-card, 2013 Stanley Cup finals promo pack.
Panini promises that this one-card pack will contain either one randomly selected Private Signings autograph card, an autographed memorabilia rookie card, or a 1/1 diamond-studded autograph card featuring either Gordie Howe, Mario Lemieux or Patrick Roy.
Some of the other greats include Boston Bruins Hall of Famer (and Lightning founder) Phil Esposito and Detroit star (and current Tampa Bay executive) Steve Yzerman. Other players will include Mark Messier, Mike Modano and rookie Chris Kreider.
Panini said in a release that multiple purchases were allowed — buy five boxes of product, and you will receive five promo packs.
Panini ran similar online promotions for the Super Bowl and the 2013 NBA Finals. In both cases, promo packs were snapped up quickly. It’s a pretty good bet that the hockey promo packs will go just as fast.