Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
Panini offering online promo pack for Stanley Cup finals
Posted Jun 12, 2013 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated Jun 12, 2013 at 05:46 PM
Game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals are a few hours away, and hockey collectors can enjoy the best-of-seven series and indulge in a promotion sponsored by Panini America.
For a limited time and while supplies last, Panini is offering a special to online customers. Collectors who purchase at least $100 worth of NHL product at iCollectPanini.com will receive a one-card, 2013 Stanley Cup finals promo pack.
Panini promises that this one-card pack will contain either one randomly selected Private Signings autograph card, an autographed memorabilia rookie card, or a 1/1 diamond-studded autograph card featuring either Gordie Howe, Mario Lemieux or Patrick Roy.
Some of the other greats include Boston Bruins Hall of Famer (and Lightning founder) Phil Esposito and Detroit star (and current Tampa Bay executive) Steve Yzerman. Other players will include Mark Messier, Mike Modano and rookie Chris Kreider.
Panini said in a release that multiple purchases were allowed — buy five boxes of product, and you will receive five promo packs.
Panini ran similar online promotions for the Super Bowl and the 2013 NBA Finals. In both cases, promo packs were snapped up quickly. It’s a pretty good bet that the hockey promo packs will go just as fast.