Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Panini includes NBA rookie of year in season’s last four releases
Posted Sep 4, 2013 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated Sep 4, 2013 at 04:38 PM
Panini America announced Wednesday that autographs of 2013 NBA rookie of the year Damian Lillard will be included in the company’s final four products of the 2012-13 season.
Lillard, who plays for the Portland Trail Blazers and was a unanimous rookie of the year selection, will be included in these Panini products: Innovation, which was released today; Intrigue, which hits the stores on Sept. 18; Flawless, which will go on sale on Oct. 2; and Immaculate, which will become available on Oct,. 16.
Predictably, Panini officials were thrilled with the signing.
“We had an opportunity to secure a limited number of Damian Lillard autographs and are pleased that we were able to add the 2013 NBA Rookie of the Year to the last four releases of our 2013 NBA product calendar and feature his autographs on his NBA Portland Trailblazers trading cards,” Jim Stefano, Panini’s senior director of product development, said in a release.
The accompanying photos offer a view at what the sticker signatures will look in the four products.