Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- Panini goes on a basketball Crusade
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
Panini includes NBA rookie of year in season’s last four releases
Posted Sep 4, 2013 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated Sep 4, 2013 at 04:38 PM
Panini America announced Wednesday that autographs of 2013 NBA rookie of the year Damian Lillard will be included in the company’s final four products of the 2012-13 season.
Lillard, who plays for the Portland Trail Blazers and was a unanimous rookie of the year selection, will be included in these Panini products: Innovation, which was released today; Intrigue, which hits the stores on Sept. 18; Flawless, which will go on sale on Oct. 2; and Immaculate, which will become available on Oct,. 16.
Predictably, Panini officials were thrilled with the signing.
“We had an opportunity to secure a limited number of Damian Lillard autographs and are pleased that we were able to add the 2013 NBA Rookie of the Year to the last four releases of our 2013 NBA product calendar and feature his autographs on his NBA Portland Trailblazers trading cards,” Jim Stefano, Panini’s senior director of product development, said in a release.
The accompanying photos offer a view at what the sticker signatures will look in the four products.