Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson picks up 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
Panini gives glimpse of 2013-14 Prestige basketball
Posted Sep 9, 2013 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated Sep 9, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Panini America announced its preview of 2013-14 Prestige basketball Monday, which will be released in early November.
The company did not offer a lot of details, other than to say that there would be a 200-card base set, and that a hobby box would contain 24 packs.
Panini did reveal that it is promising two autographs, two memorabilia cards and 20 additional insert cards in each hobby box. Eight different subsets will contain either an autograph or relic card.
The Playmakers insert returns, but it will be a tough card to pull, at approximately one per case.
Some of the new autograph cards will be in subsets called Prestigious Premieres and Bonus Shot, relics in the NBA Materials subset.
Distinctive Ink and Stars of the NBA also will contain autographs cards.