Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
Panini allows peek into Select Basketball
Posted Dec 6, 2012 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated Mar 27, 2013 at 10:20 PM
When it comes to basketball products from Panini America the last few weeks, there have been plenty of upcoming issues to select from.
Thursday, Panini gave collectors another choice — 2012-13 Select Basketball, which is due to hit the shelves in late March 2013.
Select’s hobby boxes will consist of two seven-pack mini-boxes. Panini promises four autographs, four new-design Prizm cards and six additional inserts in each hobby box—or, to break it down further, two autos, two Prizms and three inserts in each mini-box.
Select will have a 325-card base set with 75 additional rookies that will feature either an autograph or a combination of a signature and game-used swatch. An additional 100 cards — signed on-card — will be a rookie card subset that will draw from the selections made in the 2011 and 2012 draft classes.
There also will be three different Prizm cards to chases—regul;ar Prizm, gold parallels numbered to 25 and 1/1 black parallels.
Select Stars and Hot Stars inserts also will include have Prizm and White Hot parallels.
Sounds like some pretty good selections.