Most Recent Entries
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
Pair of area high school grads help USF women’s golf to Big East tourney title
Posted Apr 25, 2012 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Apr 25, 2012 at 02:17 AM
The University of South Florida women’s golf team won the Big East Championship Tournament Tuesday at the Reunion Resort and Club in Orlando.
The Bulls ranked No. 49 in the nation narrowly edged Notre Dame by one stroke in the three-day tournament.
The Bulls were helped to the Big East title with the help of two local high school standouts. Shena Yang (Wharton) finished tied for eighth and Amy West (Durant) finished 10th individually, joining teammates Christina Miller (3rd), Kelli Pry (T6th) and Anna Hancock (T21st) scoring for South Florida.
Yang and West, both in their junior year at USF, were named to the Tampa Tribune All-Hillsborough County first team in their senior seasons.
The women’s golf team’s Big East title was the fourth-ever tournament title in the conference for South Florida joining women’s tennis (2007), men’s soccer (2008) and men’s tennis (2009). USF has won Big East regular season titles in softball and men’s soccer twice.