Most Recent Entries
- Panini reveals details about Pinnacle basketball
- Rays pick up pitcher in minor league Rule 5 draft
- Land O’ Lakes cross country stars Travis Nichols, Tyler Stahl commit to North Florida
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
NT Miller to miss game against Eagles
Posted Dec 9, 2012 by Roy Cummings
Updated Dec 9, 2012 at 12:38 PM
BY ROY CUMMINGS
The Tampa Tribune
TAMPA – The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will have to take on the Philadelphia Eagles and rookie running sensation Bryce Brown today without one of their rush defense’s key cogs.
Nose tackle Roy Miller, who spent the week nursing a head injury he suffered late in their loss to the Broncos at Denver last week, is among the players scratched from the Bucs lineup.
No reason was immediately given for the decision to deactivate Miller, who missed practice on Wednesday and Thursday but returned for Friday’s walkthrough at One Buc Place.
With Miller out the Bucs are expected to start Gary Gibson at nose tackle and continue to work Aaron Morgan into their defensive line rotation as they did last week against the Broncos.
The Bucs will enter today’s game against the Eagles allowing 82.3 rushing yards per game, first in the league. They may, however, be facing one of their biggest challenges of the year today in Brown.
The rookie out of Kansas State has started each of the last two games as a replacement for LeSean McCoy and has run 43 times for 347 yards (8 yards per carry) and four touchdowns.
Also inactive for the Bucs today are cornerback LeQuan Lewis (knee), running back Michael Smith, linebacker Najee Goode, defensive tackle Matthew Masifilo and wide receivers David Gillreath and David Douglas.
With Lewis out the Bucs will also have to make a change of kick returners. Options there include receivers Tiquan Underwood and Chris Owusu.