Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
NT Miller to miss game against Eagles
Posted Dec 9, 2012 by Roy Cummings
Updated Dec 9, 2012 at 12:38 PM
BY ROY CUMMINGS
The Tampa Tribune
TAMPA – The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will have to take on the Philadelphia Eagles and rookie running sensation Bryce Brown today without one of their rush defense’s key cogs.
Nose tackle Roy Miller, who spent the week nursing a head injury he suffered late in their loss to the Broncos at Denver last week, is among the players scratched from the Bucs lineup.
No reason was immediately given for the decision to deactivate Miller, who missed practice on Wednesday and Thursday but returned for Friday’s walkthrough at One Buc Place.
With Miller out the Bucs are expected to start Gary Gibson at nose tackle and continue to work Aaron Morgan into their defensive line rotation as they did last week against the Broncos.
The Bucs will enter today’s game against the Eagles allowing 82.3 rushing yards per game, first in the league. They may, however, be facing one of their biggest challenges of the year today in Brown.
The rookie out of Kansas State has started each of the last two games as a replacement for LeSean McCoy and has run 43 times for 347 yards (8 yards per carry) and four touchdowns.
Also inactive for the Bucs today are cornerback LeQuan Lewis (knee), running back Michael Smith, linebacker Najee Goode, defensive tackle Matthew Masifilo and wide receivers David Gillreath and David Douglas.
With Lewis out the Bucs will also have to make a change of kick returners. Options there include receivers Tiquan Underwood and Chris Owusu.