Most Recent Entries
- Seffner Christian’s Hanson picks Liberty
- Current Baseball America prospect list boasts five locals
- Rays @ O’s: Hellickson returns to mound to start trip
- Former Newsome tennis standout, Hersh, named POY
- Bishop McLaughlin sophomore OH Alyssa Mathis commits to San Diego State
- Rays v BoSox: Price looks for 2nd win, Escobar moved to 5th in order
- Area athletes sign and commit to colleges
- Steinbrenner announces athletic signings
- Mitchell P/INF Chris McCormick commits to PHCC
- Three Hudson girls soccer players, including first the Division I scholarship, to sign Friday
- Connors holds serve in autobiography
- Allergies might be behind Price’s poor start
- Holy Names’ Martin picks TCU
- Rays v BoSox: Jennings returns, Rays looking for 6th straight W
- CDS’ Lewis signs with Kentucky Christian
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
NT Miller to miss game against Eagles
Posted Dec 9, 2012 by Roy Cummings
Updated Dec 9, 2012 at 12:38 PM
BY ROY CUMMINGS
The Tampa Tribune
TAMPA – The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will have to take on the Philadelphia Eagles and rookie running sensation Bryce Brown today without one of their rush defense’s key cogs.
Nose tackle Roy Miller, who spent the week nursing a head injury he suffered late in their loss to the Broncos at Denver last week, is among the players scratched from the Bucs lineup.
No reason was immediately given for the decision to deactivate Miller, who missed practice on Wednesday and Thursday but returned for Friday’s walkthrough at One Buc Place.
With Miller out the Bucs are expected to start Gary Gibson at nose tackle and continue to work Aaron Morgan into their defensive line rotation as they did last week against the Broncos.
The Bucs will enter today’s game against the Eagles allowing 82.3 rushing yards per game, first in the league. They may, however, be facing one of their biggest challenges of the year today in Brown.
The rookie out of Kansas State has started each of the last two games as a replacement for LeSean McCoy and has run 43 times for 347 yards (8 yards per carry) and four touchdowns.
Also inactive for the Bucs today are cornerback LeQuan Lewis (knee), running back Michael Smith, linebacker Najee Goode, defensive tackle Matthew Masifilo and wide receivers David Gillreath and David Douglas.
With Lewis out the Bucs will also have to make a change of kick returners. Options there include receivers Tiquan Underwood and Chris Owusu.