Most Recent Entries
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
Not Much Harrison Talk
Posted Jun 1, 2009 by Roy Cummings
Updated Jun 1, 2009 at 09:52 AM
By ROY CUMMINGS
TAMPA – We’ve done a little digging on those Marvin Harrison rumors and as we suspected there’s very little to them.
The Bucs call about Harrison is said to have been “exploratory,’’ which is a high-brow way of saying they probably did little more than ask how he was doing and what he was up to while talking to his agent about another client.
Keep in mind, though, that the Bucs calls about Plaxico Burress were said to be “exploratory’’ as well, yet Coach Raheem Morris sounded a lot last week like a guy who was very interested in adding Burress to his roster.
It’s hard to imagine the Bucs signing Harrison, though. They’ve already let go of two 30-something receivers in Joey Galloway and Ike Hilliard, so the idea of signing Harrison seems to run contrary to their thinking.
Once again, however, you have to give the Bucs credit. They’re leaving no stone unturned in an effort to boost their receiving corps, which clearly has some veteran depth issues.