Most Recent Entries
- Rays pick up pitcher in minor league Rule 5 draft
- Land O’ Lakes cross country stars Travis Nichols, Tyler Stahl commit to North Florida
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
Not Much Harrison Talk
Posted Jun 1, 2009 by Roy Cummings
Updated Jun 1, 2009 at 09:52 AM
By ROY CUMMINGS
TAMPA – We’ve done a little digging on those Marvin Harrison rumors and as we suspected there’s very little to them.
The Bucs call about Harrison is said to have been “exploratory,’’ which is a high-brow way of saying they probably did little more than ask how he was doing and what he was up to while talking to his agent about another client.
Keep in mind, though, that the Bucs calls about Plaxico Burress were said to be “exploratory’’ as well, yet Coach Raheem Morris sounded a lot last week like a guy who was very interested in adding Burress to his roster.
It’s hard to imagine the Bucs signing Harrison, though. They’ve already let go of two 30-something receivers in Joey Galloway and Ike Hilliard, so the idea of signing Harrison seems to run contrary to their thinking.
Once again, however, you have to give the Bucs credit. They’re leaving no stone unturned in an effort to boost their receiving corps, which clearly has some veteran depth issues.