- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
Marshall visits USF
Posted Mar 23, 2007 by Brett McMurphy
Updated Mar 24, 2007 at 12:49 AM
Winthrop coach Gregg Marshall visited Tampa Friday with his wife Lynn and toured the University of South Florida with USF AD Doug Woolard. It’s doubtful, Marshall received a written contract offer Friday night, but even if he did ESPN.com reported he won’t accept a contract offer until returning home to consider all his options.
Waiting at home in Rock Hill, S.C., is a 10-year deal, worth $400,000 a year, so it will be interesting whether Marshall remains as Winthrop’s coach or becomes the next coach for USF.
The question now is: if Marshall remains at Winthrop, where should USF turn next?
Earlier today I wrote in this space that Marshall informed Woolard Friday he was removing his name from consideration for the USF job. I based that on what I was told by individuals that I have trusted and relied on for some time. They were wrong and so was I for reporting that in this blog. There was conflicting information and I apologize if I misled anyone.