- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
Marshall visits USF
Posted Mar 23, 2007 by Brett McMurphy
Updated Mar 24, 2007 at 12:49 AM
Winthrop coach Gregg Marshall visited Tampa Friday with his wife Lynn and toured the University of South Florida with USF AD Doug Woolard. It’s doubtful, Marshall received a written contract offer Friday night, but even if he did ESPN.com reported he won’t accept a contract offer until returning home to consider all his options.
Waiting at home in Rock Hill, S.C., is a 10-year deal, worth $400,000 a year, so it will be interesting whether Marshall remains as Winthrop’s coach or becomes the next coach for USF.
The question now is: if Marshall remains at Winthrop, where should USF turn next?
Earlier today I wrote in this space that Marshall informed Woolard Friday he was removing his name from consideration for the USF job. I based that on what I was told by individuals that I have trusted and relied on for some time. They were wrong and so was I for reporting that in this blog. There was conflicting information and I apologize if I misled anyone.