- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
- Boys Basketball: Jean, Ingram make 7A All-State Team
No draft picks, but free-agents galore
Posted Apr 28, 2012 by Joey Johnston
Updated Apr 28, 2012 at 09:41 PM
When the University of South Florida football program held its Pro Day in March, Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots was the only NFL head coach to attend. Apparently, guard Jeremiah Warren made enough of an impression.
Although the Bulls had no players taken in the seven-round draft—the program’s first shutout since 2006—five USF players were known to have signed free-agent deals with NFL teams on Saturday night. That included Warren, who signed with the New England Patriots.
* Running back Darrell Scott, who left early after his junior year following only one season with the Bulls, signed with the Dallas Cowboys.
* Offensive lineman Chaz Hine, who settled in at center last season, signed with the hometown Bucs. Hine is from Newsome High School.
* Cornerback Quenton Washington also signed with the Bucs.
* Safety Jerrell Young, from Gibbs High School, signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars.
* Wide receiver A.J. Love signed with the Minnesota Vikings.