- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
No draft picks, but free-agents galore
Posted Apr 28, 2012 by Joey Johnston
Updated Apr 28, 2012 at 09:41 PM
When the University of South Florida football program held its Pro Day in March, Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots was the only NFL head coach to attend. Apparently, guard Jeremiah Warren made enough of an impression.
Although the Bulls had no players taken in the seven-round draft—the program’s first shutout since 2006—five USF players were known to have signed free-agent deals with NFL teams on Saturday night. That included Warren, who signed with the New England Patriots.
* Running back Darrell Scott, who left early after his junior year following only one season with the Bulls, signed with the Dallas Cowboys.
* Offensive lineman Chaz Hine, who settled in at center last season, signed with the hometown Bucs. Hine is from Newsome High School.
* Cornerback Quenton Washington also signed with the Bucs.
* Safety Jerrell Young, from Gibbs High School, signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars.
* Wide receiver A.J. Love signed with the Minnesota Vikings.