- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
No draft picks, but free-agents galore
Posted Apr 28, 2012 by Joey Johnston
Updated Apr 28, 2012 at 09:41 PM
When the University of South Florida football program held its Pro Day in March, Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots was the only NFL head coach to attend. Apparently, guard Jeremiah Warren made enough of an impression.
Although the Bulls had no players taken in the seven-round draft—the program’s first shutout since 2006—five USF players were known to have signed free-agent deals with NFL teams on Saturday night. That included Warren, who signed with the New England Patriots.
* Running back Darrell Scott, who left early after his junior year following only one season with the Bulls, signed with the Dallas Cowboys.
* Offensive lineman Chaz Hine, who settled in at center last season, signed with the hometown Bucs. Hine is from Newsome High School.
* Cornerback Quenton Washington also signed with the Bucs.
* Safety Jerrell Young, from Gibbs High School, signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars.
* Wide receiver A.J. Love signed with the Minnesota Vikings.