- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
NFF Tampa Chapter honors Sanchez
Posted Apr 14, 2011 by Adam Adkins
Updated Apr 14, 2011 at 12:51 PM
University of South Florida sophomore Armando Sanchez was honored Wednesday night at the National Football Foundation and College Football Hall of Fame’s Tampa Chapter awards banquet as the Outstanding USF Scholar-Athlete.
Sanchez was a special teams standout for the Bulls in 2010, finishing with 20 tackles. He served as captain for the special teams units four times during the season. Sanchez, a communications major, also excels in the classroom. He is a two-time member on the Big East All-Academic Team and posted a 4.0 GPA during the fall semester.
Sanchez was presented the award by Bulls defensive ends/special teams coach Vernon Hargreaves.
Also honored at the banquet was USF president Judy Genshaft, who was named the recipient of the J. Crockett Farnell Contribution to Amateur Football Award. Genshaft was unable to attend the event because of a prior commitment, so Bulls football coach Skip Holtz accepted the award on her behalf.