Most Recent Entries
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
- Maddux, Glavine, Thomas highlight newcomers on Hall of Fame ballot
- Glennon finalist for rookie award for second straight week
Next-to-last track honor roll now updated
Posted May 3, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated May 3, 2012 at 12:29 AM
There’s one week left in the 2012 high school track season and berths on the Tampa Tribune/TBO.com all-Hillsborough County teams are on the line.
It’s not the final say for who makes the first and second teams, as well as honorable mentions. But the Tribune’s honor roll of the top three performances for each of the 17 events is a significant yardstick—or meterstick—used in determining these squads.
For the Class 1A and 2A teams, the season is over. But for the 3A/4A squads, this weekend’s state finals at the University of North Florida in Jacksonville is your last chance to move up the honor roll. In some events, mere hundredths of a second separate positions.
Good luck! Here’s the next-to-last honor roll: