Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Next-to-last track honor roll now updated
Posted May 3, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated May 3, 2012 at 12:29 AM
There’s one week left in the 2012 high school track season and berths on the Tampa Tribune/TBO.com all-Hillsborough County teams are on the line.
It’s not the final say for who makes the first and second teams, as well as honorable mentions. But the Tribune’s honor roll of the top three performances for each of the 17 events is a significant yardstick—or meterstick—used in determining these squads.
For the Class 1A and 2A teams, the season is over. But for the 3A/4A squads, this weekend’s state finals at the University of North Florida in Jacksonville is your last chance to move up the honor roll. In some events, mere hundredths of a second separate positions.
Good luck! Here’s the next-to-last honor roll: