Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yankees: Rodney remains the closer, Jennings off, Joyce back
- Gausman is Bowman’s No. 3 redemption card
- Topps previews baseball Update series
- Panini’s Prime Hockey will have extra treat
- Rays juggle rotation to get Cobb a start this weekend against Yankees
- Beckett opens weekly Wednesday chat room on Facebook page
- Rays @ Jays: Joyce update, Longo DH, Molina returns
- NFL Network report on Revis is revealing
- In The Game acquires Sport Kings LP
- Pasco WR Nate Craig (2016) up to 15 Division I offers
- Tampa Bay softball players honored by FACA
- Western Conference Baseball Teams
- Pasco baseball players Blaine Duncan, Matt Plourde headed to Barry, Daytona State respectively
- Maddon changes stance on Escobar’s home run guesture
- Panini previews Rookies & Stars football
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
New start times for Rays games
Posted Jan 29, 2010 by Roger Mooney
Updated Jan 29, 2010 at 07:01 PM
The Rays changed the start times for Friday home games, moving them up to 7:10 p.m.
They’ve also juggled the start times on Saturday, with games that begin at 3:10 p.m., 4:05 p.m., 4:10 p.m., 6:10 p.m. and 7:10 p.m.
Friday night games began at 7:38 last season, a move that was aimed toward given fans more time to reach Tropicana Field. While many liked the later start, the Rays learned most fans didn’t like the later finishes. So, this yea, the games start at 7:10.
Saturday game times are affected by FOX baseball, which does not permit teams to televise games during the 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. slot reserved for the FOX Saturday game of the week, and the Rays annual summer concert series.
FOX will come to the Trop for three games – April 10 against the Yankees (3:10 p.m.), May 15 against the Mariners (4:10) and Aug. 14 against the Orioles (4:10).
The Rays game against Arizona on June 26 will start at 4:05 p.m., because FOX is televising a night game that day.
The 6:10 p.m. starts are for the concert series, which will be announced in March.
All week night games start at 7:10. Sunday games begin at 1:40.