Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
National high school sports organization launches digital network
Posted Jun 25, 2013 by Nick Williams
Updated Jun 25, 2013 at 11:30 AM
On Tuesday during the 94th annual National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) summer meeting in Denver, the NFHS and PlayOn! Sports announce plans for a major national high school sports digital network to launch this fall.
The network, titled NFHS Network , will live stream and broadcast highlights for all NFHS state association member schools. The Florida High School Athletic Association has over 700 member school, with nearly 100 in the Tampa Bay Area.
“Our goal is to cover every single game,” said David Rudolph, PlayOn! CEO during a live stream of the announcement.
Schools will be able to live stream games themselves and add play-by-play. The network will be available on smart phones, tablets and computers, but also through video game consoles that connect to the Internet and Apple TV.
“With 19,000 high schools in the United States and nearly two million events held annually across the country, we are very excited about this enormous opportunity,” said Bob Gardner, executive director of the NFHS. “Once launched, the network will help the Federation showcase its primary mission of expanding participation and opportunities for involvement in education-based interscholastic sports and performing arts activities. We are excited to provide viewership opportunities for fans of high school athletics all over the country.”
“The society our kids are growing up in is vastly different,” Rudolph said. “This is our new reality for high school sports.”
The NFHS, based in Indianapolis, Indiana, is the national leadership organization for high school sports and performing arts activities. PlayOn! Sports is the largest rights holder, producer, and aggregator of high school sports events distributed across television, the Internet, and IP-video enabled mobile devices.