Most Recent Entries
- Stargell stands tall in biography
- Profar is second Bowman redemption card
- Rays @ Jays: Victoria Day matinee
- Green seeking funds for trip
- Area Athletes Shine at Golden South Classic
- Rays @ O’s: Moore looking to go 8-0, Rays looking for sweep
- Collect call: 2013 Bowman baseball
- Rays @ O’s: Rays on FOX game of the week
- Seffner Christian’s Hanson picks Liberty
- Current Baseball America prospect list boasts five locals
- Rays @ O’s: Hellickson returns to mound to start trip
- Former Newsome tennis standout, Hersh, named POY
- Bishop McLaughlin sophomore OH Alyssa Mathis commits to San Diego State
- Rays v BoSox: Price looks for 2nd win, Escobar moved to 5th in order
- Area athletes sign and commit to colleges
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
Meredith will start at RG for Bucs today
Posted Nov 18, 2012 by Roy Cummings
Updated Nov 18, 2012 at 12:43 PM
BY ROY CUMMINGS
The Tampa Tribune
CHARLOTTE, N.C. – The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will not go through with a changing of the guard after all.
The Bucs were forced this week to contemplate a change at right guard after starter Jamon Meredith went down on Wednesday with an ankle injury but Meredith with start today’s game against the Carolina Panthers at Bank of America Stadium.
A change, which would have likely involved moving third-year pro Roger Allen into the lineup, would have been the fourth the Bucs have made at right guard since the start of the preseason.
The run of injuries at that spot began when Pro Bowler Davin Joseph went down with a season-ending knee injury during the preseason and continued when the Bucs moved Meredith into the starting lineup as a replacement for Ted Larsen.
The Bucs will have at least one other lineup change today, that at strongside linebacker, where Adam Hayward steps in for Quincy Black, who was lost for the season after suffering a neck/shoulder injury last Sunday.
The Bucs inactives for today’s game are running back Michael Smith, cornerback Danny Gorrer, safety Keith Tandy, linebacker Najee Goode, wide receiver Chris Owusu, and defensive tackles Corey Irvin and Matthew Masifilo.
Masifilo was just signed to the Bucs 53-man roster on Saturday. He was signed off the 49ers practice squad. To make room for Masifilo the Bucs released defensive end Markus White.